The Department of Science is the result of the integration of various scientific disciplines once relating to the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Condensed Matter Physics and Earth Science, sharing scientific research methods and carrying out research through the production of experimental data and the consequent elaboration of theories and interpretative models.
Priority objectives of the department are:
- To become a reference point in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Condensed Matter Physics and Earth Science, able to develop basic and applied research and provide quality teaching.
- To promote scientific excellence in research and advanced teaching, also allocating funds according to the evaluation criteria adopted at a national level by independent regulatory bodies and to the project management and fundraising skills. To develop, through the integration of different scientific competences, innovative and multidisciplinary research lines.
- To strengthen international collaborations in the various research areas.
- To further increase, through the development of applied research, collaboration with local authorities as well as with public and private companies.
- To provide high quality teaching combining theoretical activities with a high amount of experimental and laboratory experiences and integrating basic training with specific professional activities, in order to meet the demands of the labour market.
- To strengthen already implemented initiatives in order to enhance the internationalisation of teaching.
- To provide and promote PhD training which is currently organised in PhD schools and PhD courses.
Following the positive experience of the originating departments the Department of Science acts as a high quality teaching and research integrated unit, in which scientific expertise in a wide range of disciplines provides the basis for the development of research lines, as well as innovative and interdisciplinary teaching activities which are able to compete in different national and international contexts.
Courses with open access
Degree courses listed below require compulsory but non-selective in presence exam for the assessment of basic knowledge.
Date of the exams:
- Optics and Optometry: September 14 2022
- Geological Science: July 22 2022 and September 15 2022
- Sciences for the Protection of Nature and Environmental Sustainability: July 22 2022 and September 15 2022
The enrolment can be done only after taking the admission test, and can be carried out from 01/08/2022 for Geological Science, Sciences for the Protection of Nature and Environmental Sustainability and from 20/09/2022 for Optics and Optometry within 17/10/2022.
Courses with local restricted access
Degree courses in gastronomic sciences and cultures (100 students) and in Biological sciences (150 students) require a compulsory and selective online entrance exam for the assessment of basic knowledge necessary for the enrollment.
Date of the exams:
- Enogastronomic Sciences and Cultures: September 13 2022
- Biological Sciences: September 14 2022
Further Dates: on other premises of Cisia but it is always required the subscription and the choice of the Degree course on Roma Tre Portal in order to be included in our list.
The enrollment depends on the sustaining of the exam and can be carried out according to the dates written on the calls .
For further information about calls for applications, proceeding for enrollment, fees and grants, please consult the Student Portal
- Area didattica: Tel. 06 57336446/6448/6454 Email: email@example.com
- Degree course in Optics and Optometry: Tel. 06 57336447 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree course in Biological Sciences: Tel. 0657336481 Email: email@example.com
- Degree course in Enogastronomic Sciences and Cultures: Tel. 06 57336446/54 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree course in Geological Science: Tel. 06 57338207 Email: email@example.com
- Degree course in Sciences for the Protection of Nature and Environmental Sustainability: Tel. 06 57338207 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org